Who is the Bent Tree Bluffs Swim Team
The BTB Stingray swim team is one of eight teams that comprise the Suburban Swim League of Lees Summit. The league and team are designed to promote skill development and team spirit in a safe and fun environment. Our experienced coaches will work with participants to develop swimming techniques and safety.
The team practices in the mornings at the Bent Tree Bluff community pool.
Meets are Wednesday nights, except for the first meet in July, which is Monday night. See the schedule below for details.
The BTB Stingrays have 2 experienced coaches teaching and monitoring practices and meets.
Who is eligible to participate on the Stingrays Swim Team?
Any resident between the age of 5-18 that lives within the boundaries of Cedar Creek Elementary and does not live within The Five Neighborhoods of Winterset is eligible. Grandchildren of Bent Tree Bluffs residents are also eligible.
New Coach 2020
We will announce our Assistant Coach as soon as it is finalized.
Cost to Participate
The fee schedule for participants includes coaching/practices, meet fees, team t-shirt, and team photo.
1st Participant: $125
2nd Participant: $105
3+ Participant: $100
The team practices each day of the week starting May 28 with the following schedule.
Monday-Wednesday & Friday:
Ages 10 & Under: 8:30-9:45
Ages 11 & Older: 9:45-11:00
Thursday Fun Days:
Each Thursday after a Wednesday night meet. Ribbon presentation and donuts highlight the morning event starting at 10:00 a.m. and ending at 11:00 a.m. During the season each family will be asked to provide 1 dozen donuts on their assigned date.
TBD - Check Back. Meets are usually on Wednesday nights, and Championships are in early July on a Friday/Saturday.
There are a number of important dates for the 2019 BTB Swim Team
May 18, 2019, 11:59pm - Deadline to register.
May 30, 2019 6:30pm - Parent Meeting & Form dropoff Location TBA
June 3, 2019 - First Day of Practice
Date TBA - Stroke & Turn Training
July 14, 2019 7-8pm - Team Awards & Ice Cream Social @ BTB Pool
- All members must be able to swim the length of the pool without touching the sides, ropes, or bottom of pool.
- All swim team members must conduct themselves in a safe and sportsmanlike manner.
- No roughhousing or dangerous play will be tolerated.
- No one will be allowed in the pool before practice or after practice. The pool opens at noon. A lifeguard will be on duty at that time.
- During a meet, all swimmers must remain in the designated "zoo" area so that they can be located quickly for their events.
- Swimmers must advise the coach in writing by Monday if the swimmer will not be swimming in that week's meet. Also, notify the coach in writing if a swimmer will miss practices or meets for an extended period of time.
- Parents need to advise a board member as early as possible if they cannot fulfill their meet duties so a replacement may be found.
Our team suits are optional. Any appropriate suit can be worn at practice and at meets. If you wish to purchase our team suit, it is available at: Swim Things on Highway 40 in Blue Springs 3010 SW US 40 HWY East, Blue Springs, MO 64015. We are in the second year of this suit, and we will choose another suit next year. The name of the suit is Speedo Time Lapse Super Pro One. The price is $46.90 for the female suit and $33.88 for the male suit. You should check Speedo Sizing before going to Swim Things to purchase the suit.
Registration should be completed online or on paper and turned in no later than May 19th.